View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mrmancans09z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z, mt, slvr
Mrmancans09z is on a distinguished road
Default Seeking some advise

To anyone willing to help a rookie lol,

So here it is in a really long story made as short as possible lol

Bought 09 370 engine #1 without a doubt my high revving, younger, slightly dumber, first time sports car owner spun his first bearing, melted his flywheel to his clutch if I'm not mistaken that's how it was worded... smh

Humbled greatly and much different driving habits than previously. Engine #2 purchased used from a dealer in Greensboro NC. Smashed lower oil pan and pick up tube with a perfectly imprinted cinder block on the bottom we even had one handy to match the specs. thanks Nissan, unnoticed by "master tech" spun bearing number 2

Car sat for a year

This is the fun part....
Had several thousand saved up over the 3 year period of ownership, nothing to spend it on and loved the car so much I decided to spring into a rebuild yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yeah eff that....

Went alllllllll out on a solid NA build, no need for FI, love the idea not the cost, and wasn't chasing a number. Not trying to race just burn through the mountains and maybe put it on a track for a beginner experience just to truly test the performance.

Did a lot of research before I decided on a High compression build short block should've done entire
11.5:1 JE forged and Moly coated everything
Around main and head studs
Z1 400hp kit w/ HFC by Russ Rana by far best experience in entire process that guys getting a wedding invite
Z1cai
Z1 25 row oil cooler
Z1 Y-pipe
Soho single exit
Ecutek done by MA Motorsports amazing group if mechanics
Replaced water and oil pump added billet gear to new it
this car sounds absolutely disgusting and is hateful loud lol

Well with all that supposed awesome build I had in the making.....

From the first start up there was taps and piston skirt from one of them, the car is tremendously underpowered it blew 4 quarts of recommended oil in the break in and
had to run mobile 1 15-50 full synthetic after break-in currently doing an oil consumption test, compression testing over the weekend, I had to stop driving the car at roughly 6k because I don't want to do any additional damage.

What is the most beneficial thing for me

So a new used motor is roughly 1600-2000 I now have the facotry service manual and willing to put in the work but don't wanna get another beat to death motor

Do I part out what I currently have eat the loss

I'm not into being dishonest there's only one real issue with it and it's that the Rebuilt motor blows whats this thing worth at 150k on body and trans with a crap ton of new parts both OEM and performance.

In advance I'm no car guy I don't know all my stuff but with the help of reading this forum, Z1, Soho, MA Motorsports, and YouTube University I've learned quite a bit over the last year. Just need help making because I truly don't want to ditch this car we have a bond hahaha.

Here goes nothin!

Thanks guys and gals

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Mrmancans09z is offline   Reply With Quote