View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
Sigh....I have another PSA for you all.

I don't know if it's just my luck or something isn't right, but I assure you guys I'm not an *** hole. Let me explain lol

Yesterday after work I went to go see this car:
https://www.woodburynissan.com/inven...Z4EH5GM934905/

My assumption: it's a leftover car that the dealer wants to get rid of and I can possibly get a good deal out of it. Even though it's marked for 39K I knew it was ridiculous and if they wanted to sell the car they would work with me.

I called earlier just to find out about the car and they said it's a left over 2016 model that they couldn't sell new anymore because it was too old and had X amount of miles over whatever the limit is. They also said it was priced to sell. Well, KBB says otherwise. According to KBB it's about 4k over. I'm sure you all think it's overpriced as well. So while I was on the phone I said I was a serious buyer and if they lower the price just to get a feel as to what they would say. I'm speaking to the internet sales lady BTW. She says it's as low as they can go because the market is dead for this type of car and it's a manual. Is anyone else confused??? You would think they would lower the price because of that! Anyways, the dealer is actually close to my in-laws in Philly, so the drive from Baltimore would be worth it no matter which way it turned out. Mind you I was prepared to purchase.

My wife and I get there and meet up the salesman. I asked him specifically about the vehicle and he showed it to us. It looked great in the sun across the street! I told him if everything checked out I'm willing to purchase the vehicle today so long as we can come to an agreement. He went back to get the keys for a test drive. I used this time to inspect the vehicle. Firstly, my wife noticed the red filling out the "O" in nismo at the rear of the vehicle was peeling and barely left. Then I noticed the a couple deep scratches at the front and rear and the car was heavily swirled. I overlooked these things as they were cosmetic and and could corrected with a good detail. Then I inspect the bumper and....it was cracked. You can't see it from the picture, but it's bad and the whole bumper would have to be replaced. That was kind of a big deal to me, but I figured this may suggest a better deal. Anyways, the salesman came back and I voiced my concerns in which he said we can have anything fixed (of course). The salesman was really nice for once haha. We proceeded to test drive the Z. Everything felt nice and I think I fell more in love with it. The wifey, who isn't big on sports cars, really liked it as well. So I drive back to the dealer and put the e-brake on and noticed the car was still rolling. I thought it was odd and maybe I didn't pull it up enough....although you shouldn't have to pull it up much. I pulled up even higher and you could hear the brakes slipping as the car was struggling to move. Basically the cable was extremely loose. Overall, things were just not looking good and my wife and I had a bad feeling about this, but we decided to proceed to at least see where things would go. Again, I voiced my concerns with the salesman and he said that was odd and they could definitely take a look into it. All of a sudden the manager comes out out of no where and he's one of the obnoxious guys who continues to tell me there isn't a single thing wrong with the vehicle as it's BRAND NEW...about 10 times. I calmly tell him it's not brand new as it's listed as CPO and I also share my concerns with him. He replies, "Let's cut to the chase. Are you going to buy the vehicle or not?" My wife and I just look at each other and we're like WTF?? I tell the guy I'm from Baltimore and I came here to make a deal on what I thought was a nismo in pristine condition. I continue to tell him it's a big purchase and I have to think about it especially with the issues I found. He continues to say it's brand new and that he doesn't know why I'm knit picking things...he end's up walking back inside with an angry face. I was thoroughly confused at this point and my wife and I were definitely on the same wavelength. I turned around to the salesmen and told him he treated us very well, but he lost this sale because of his manager. My wife and I left to get burgers after.

I know - another long story. My point is this car isn't a "steal" like one would think. I'm pretty sure something happened with this car and the dealer is just covering it up. I hope this helps anyone who is looking into it.
So big question, how much did you want to pay for this car?