View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
rclarkbow
Base Member

Drives: '12 370Z Touring 6MT
rclarkbow is on a distinguished road
Default CSC first started showing symptoms at high altitude?

So I'm currently driving my Z across the country (west) and as soon as I got into Colorado, and the altitude got above about 4,000 feet I noticed my clutch started feeling softer.

As I climbed higher it got really bad, the engagement point was super low and the clutch started sticking to the floor.

When I pump the clutch, I can feel the pressure building to "push it back out" and then the clutch engages normally again for a short time.

I topped off the clutch fluid reservoir with DOT 4 brake fluid, which helped a little, doesn't seem to be leaking.

I got it up to about 10,000 feet, and it was pretty bad, now back down to 6,000 the problem is actually almost entirely gone.

My question: I am 2,000 miles away from home, and my plan was to continue further. I am getting the clutch fluid bled and replaced completely tomorrow at Pep Boys.

My Question:

Does it seem like flushing and replacing the fluid might fix it for the duration of the trip or do I need a new CSC before returning home?

2012 370Z Touring now at 101k miles, haven't replaced since I've owned it at 63k miles.
rclarkbow is offline   Reply With Quote