View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #58 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zat_Zuma View Post
The best tool you have for shopping for a new car is your feet. Don't like the deal; leave and talk to someone else. You do know you can fire your salesman and request someone else to help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
If I walked out of a dealership, I’m not sure I would go back and ask for a different salesperson. You’re prob going to piss off your salesperson and the other salesperson maybe friends that the original salesperson. Keep in mind that your vehicles goes through a behind-the-scenes clean/inspection before you take delivery. Who knows what can happen, not to mention they have your personal information by this point. Though nothing will most likely happen, but you never know. It’s like going to a restaurant and asking for a different waiter/waitress after your food has been ordered bc s/he pissed you off and who knows what can happen to your food from the kitchen to the time it reaches your table.
Went to a Acura dealership to buy my mom a car awhile back. Salesman I had was a joke, gave me the "Costco pricing, the best deal you can get at any Acura dealership in the USA". Price he quoted was $1,200 above MSRP!

I told him that is price was above MSRP and he said that's the best deal I can get. I then asked for the General Manager but he wasn't in, so I got the sales manager instead and informed him that I don't wish to work with that salesperson, he asks me why, and I inform him of the distrust due to pricing situation. He said "don't worry, I'll take care of you from here on out and I'll have a talking with that sales rep". He then proceeds to tell me that the correct Costco pricing should be $500 lower than what the salesrep told me. OMG the piling on of BS never stops here! I told him forget it and leave.

As soon as I get back home, I call up the Costco auto sales program and spoke to a rep. Then I send Costco an email with all the prices in writing with the big bold letters that the salesrep wrote "Costco Price!" I CC'd that email to the GM of that dealership as well.

Very next morning, I get a call from the sales manager saying that he'll now give me $3,500 off of MSRP thanks to the GM's approval. I was hoping to get $2,500 off so that worked out. Anyway, I go back in to sign, and he says I'll get the $3,500 off under 1 condition. That I give them an excellent rating on questionaire from Acura. I agree and the deal is done.

Following day I go in to pick up the car with my mom, on the invoice I notice that the initial sales rep is on it and is receiving credit for the sale. I'm sure his commision was very small, but this dealerships BS just goes on and on. I accept the car as my mom is very happy with it and she doesn't need to get involved in all the stupidity of the sale.

When I get the survey from Acura, I rip the sales person, dealership and send back copies to them of the pricing situation. I receive a letter of apology from Acura, also thanking me for informing them of this situation. Approximately 1 year later, this dealership was no longer an authorized dealer for Acura on the island of Oahu. From that time on, I have had no desire to ever get and Acura.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote