View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 07:16 AM   #106 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update: So I never did get the clutch "properly" bled. I did get it so that I could move the car into gear, albeit poorly. My attempts to bleed it ended last Thursday around this time.

Basically, I realized the z1 flywheel is not for me. It's obnoxiously loud, and that chatter really isn't a joke. I guess I should clarify - for me, I could deal with it. My wife absolutely would not.

I reached out to RT Tuning first, and they didn't get back to me; talked to my local enthusiast group, VQ Philly, and got a recommendation through them. Sent a few emails, good bit of research. Final decision is I'm swapping the Z1 clutch setup for the South Bend Quiet Disk from Zspeed, and the CMAK setup. The CMAK and flywheel arrived yesterday, friction disk and pressure plate should be in today. Z is already at the garage, and I'll be dropping the materials off today - fingers crossed, it should be done tomorrow. The proprietor has bled quite a few of these clutches without issue, and will walk me through it so that I know what I did incorrectly.

Thanks again everyone for your support!