View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

I sample parts of the song, filter a bit, and then pretty much transform/overdub it to whatever I can imagine. I only did it to learn how to lay down the tracks, re-create sounds, melodies, and transform them. This was years ago, and it started the trend of cheesy "remixes" using Fruity Loops and nasty filtering. I stopped remixing a long time ago (i.e., overdub) since overdubbing original tracks was quite unprofessional.

In 2004 I got a hold of a Yamaha workstation to do much of the work along with loading some samples and triggering them with MIDI data. Prior it was custom SoundFonts and a cheapie Yamaha.

Now I have a Motif XS and Access Virus, but I haven't worked on anything since. If I do, it'll be to recreate sounds and melodies and show them off on YouTube. People like it when I try to demo mainstream sounds with my keyboards.

I did share one of my works with the original artists... Whyte Shadow - You Are The One. They loved the remix! Remixing is fun as long as it is done right, and it's a hobby. I don't perform live or anything.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 01-27-2010 at 01:19 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote