Thread: Remote Tuning
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 08:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
shadow85
Track Member

Drives: 15' 370Z A/T AMM TT
shadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle64b View Post
Perfect, really anything that gets bigger wires for the fuel pump is what you want!

I put in the system myself and it took maybe 4 hours between a buddy and me (not including the pump assembly modification). The biggest pain was getting the lines routed to the tank haha. Getting frustrated and taking breaks was at least an hour of that.

Smell around. You will definitely smell a fuel leak if you have one! Probably before you see it.

When you punch it, make sure that you go to the floor with the pedal. Sometimes partial throttle response can be iffy.

To me it sounds as though the engine is either getting more air than it thinks (tune should correct that) or its not getting as much fuel as it needs. If the pump is running, you have the wires it needs to run effectively, so you shouldn't have any issues since your injectors and pump are definitely big enough.

Maybe try watching fuel pressure as best you can while you rev the engine to see if you get pressure drop-off when you rev. You could also rig up a camera or something in the engine bay to watch fuel pressure as you drive.

I had a similar issue occur a few months ago after installing the 9lb pulley and a tranny and power steering cooler. The car ran perfect for a week and suddenly starting running lean across the board. Try talking to Seb about going full speed density. It more complicated from a tuning standpoint, but it cleared up my lean issue completely and now we are working on ironing out the rest of my tune.

I did almost every test in the book to verify all the systems on my car are in good working order.
You installed the entire CJM fuel system in 4 hrs??
Charles told me it would take between 5-20 hrs depending on experience and my shop charged me around the 20 hr mark lol

Seb is the one doing my remote tuning actually. I actually thought he was doing a SD tune for me but it turns out it is MAF based. I am upto the 3rd revision but I have just asked him now if it is possible for him to do me a SD tune, waiting on his reply atm.

Im going to purchase a fuel pressure gauge and have that installed soon.

And I rekon I can smell fuel around the car !? But I am on e85 and I am new to e85 so I do not know if it is actually fuel or not lol I have not been in my car for over 6 months before this build completed.
shadow85 is offline   Reply With Quote