Thread: Remote Tuning
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 08:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
I bought the Fuel pump relay kit from CJM and have it installed already, is that the same thing you are talking about?

Did you install the CJM fuel system yourself, and how long did it take you?

I have a feeling there might be a fuel leak somewhere? When I look at my Ecutek logs for my WOT attempt, it says injector duty bank 1 is max @ 48%.

Both AFR banks are almost identical aswell as both MAF sensor readings.

There its strange because the AFR avg stays around 14.7 before I hit the accel pedal at cruise speeds but as soon as I try WOT the AFR avg raises, goes lean until I take my foot of the pedal again it goes back to normal, around 14.7.
Perfect, really anything that gets bigger wires for the fuel pump is what you want!

I put in the system myself and it took maybe 4 hours between a buddy and me (not including the pump assembly modification). The biggest pain was getting the lines routed to the tank haha. Getting frustrated and taking breaks was at least an hour of that.

Smell around. You will definitely smell a fuel leak if you have one! Probably before you see it.

When you punch it, make sure that you go to the floor with the pedal. Sometimes partial throttle response can be iffy.

To me it sounds as though the engine is either getting more air than it thinks (tune should correct that) or its not getting as much fuel as it needs. If the pump is running, you have the wires it needs to run effectively, so you shouldn't have any issues since your injectors and pump are definitely big enough.

Maybe try watching fuel pressure as best you can while you rev the engine to see if you get pressure drop-off when you rev. You could also rig up a camera or something in the engine bay to watch fuel pressure as you drive.

I had a similar issue occur a few months ago after installing the 9lb pulley and a tranny and power steering cooler. The car ran perfect for a week and suddenly starting running lean across the board. Try talking to Seb about going full speed density. It more complicated from a tuning standpoint, but it cleared up my lean issue completely and now we are working on ironing out the rest of my tune.

I did almost every test in the book to verify all the systems on my car are in good working order.
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote