View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 12:47 AM   #120 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

06/23/2018 Update -- **VERY SAD**

My supercharger is leaking oil.
Not sure where or why but it was leaking oil.

Checked the dipstick and there's almost no oil left in it.
Saw oil inside the hex bolt (not the oil dip stick side but the other side)
saw it right below the supercharger seal / shaft area, saw it sprayed onto my strut bar, right below the supercharger belt, and pretty much everywhere on the drivers' side of the engine bay. the passenger side of the engine bay is all dry.

i think i dont know what to do.

i'm extremely depressed for a few reasons:

(1) the guy who rebuilt my SC is not responding to my texts or calls; he shut off his phone after i tried calling him first and leaving a message, then now his phone is shut off so im sure he heard the message. he is a mobile mechanic, i didn't get a receipt which i should have, and so there's no proof that he did the work for me. i doubt he is going to fix it for me.

(2) i dont know what part of the blower the leak is coming from. i believe it is coming from the shaft / seal and it may be a loose seal or something. i dont know.

(3) I don't know of any reputable person or shop in the sacramento area that is capable of rebuilding or taking apart and looking at and fixing supercharger issues. that's why i turned to a mobile mechanic who did a good job for sure, it's just leaking somewhere but it was at least running fine.

I understand errors happen but like, this made me extremely depressed.

I almost just want to sell the car and go stock 4 door reliable nothing boosted nothing modded no nothing. -_-

idk if i'm overreacting or not, but i'm pretty down in the slumps atm.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote