View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 10:09 PM   #116 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

06/22/2018 Update

As we were finishing up the last touches on the Z engine rebuild, we ran into a few issues again that I want to share in case anyone else runs into them for any reason!

(1) We had to check the transmission fluid levels to make sure they were good to go by pumping more than the maximum amount of tranny fluid into the tranny. The procedure was to pump it in, rev the engine at 1 RPM, hold it there to get it up to temperature to let the oil do its thing, and then raise the car, unplug it and let a stream of oil come out. I don't remember the exact details but we had to do this procedure about 2 - 3 times at different RPMs until the oil was leveled in there (when the liquid started to go from a smooth stream to drips).

(2) Brand New VVEL procedures! We had to splice the gray and green wires and use a multi-meter, while adjusting something on the VVELs in the engine bay (a pain lol) until the Multimeter read 500 on bank 2. (Driver side). This is only needed to be done if you do not have a console or one of those expensive machines to do it for you -- this is the proper way to set up brand new VVEL RH & LH sides. Much easier with 2 people! We had to climb on top of the car engine bay edges to reach the top middle of the engine bay where the VVELs were located lol. Very annoying and tedious! Definitely not comfortable lol.

(3) The blow off valve from TopgunZ kit is an open valve. It is not a recirculating valve. So if you are unfamiliar with these, and you start the car and see the valve open? It is perfectly normal and supposed to do that. So don't freak out like we did!! Thank you Topz for your support <3

(4) We did not put the front bumper Styrofoam back on lol. Definitely not going to fit with the A2A kit set up since there is alot of stuff in the front. We also located the BOV behind the intercooler bracket (bottom right) to fit the bumper back on because if it was in front, the bumper would not fit properly lol

(5) I put a base tune on my car from Eugene (ByThaBay). He added a special feature where if the car is running too rich or too lean, you can use the cruise control button to adjust the volumetric efficiency in real time to compensate for whatever setup you have. It makes sure that the car is running correctly when it's running. If you look at the fuel trims, and they are too far off one way or another (Above 25% or Below 25% of 100) then you need to adjust the volumetric efficiency.
This was a very cool feature that Eugene put in the tune and I have never heard of anyone or any tuner putting something like that in the way this one is. Really cool and makes me feel a ton more safer! Haha.
My car, when checked, did not have any trouble codes, misfires, or any check engine lights, none of that!! It was just running phenomenal (: Considering all the things we did to it... I'm super happy it is running simple and clean.
We made sure all the codes were on when tuning the base tune, and that nothing was disabled which should be noted as well!!

(6) We had to add more power steering fluid because when I tried to turn the steering wheel with the car on, it would be very stiff. As he added fluid I turned the wheel all the way to the right, kept there a few seconds, then all the way to the left, held it there, and repeated until it got a bit softer. Overtime it will become softer as I drive it more which is good. It is definitely an arm work out!

(7) The A/C fluid was drained when we removed the radiator and everything so this also needs to be recharged / refilled after a full engine swap. My car won't have A/C until I decide to fix it / recharge it again, lol. And it's summer! T_T

(8) The Omni 4-Bar MAP Sensor from Specialty Z installed right into the OEM slot, which was easy -- no need to weld or anything crazy like that with this.

(9) My wheels came in damaged so I called to get it returned and picked up by UPS and they will ship out another pair to me as a replacement, yay.

(10) Had to make a custom bracket for the stock overflow tank because the tabs were cut off that originally held this -- which is natural when installing the stock Stillen Kit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (170.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 16.jpg (123.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 17.jpg (316.5 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by cupcakez; 06-22-2018 at 10:37 PM.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote