View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #172 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
Looks like they barely sell 1200 a month. Brand panache matters in this price point. It's why Infiniti/Lexus exists! And now Hyundai's own Genesis.

I had a 3.0TT Q50 loaner and the mid-range in that car is great. I love revving my 3.7 but everyday driving g having all that torque so low was great. There are Q50 jb4 guys with down pipes showing +75-100wtq in the mid-range with it coming on around 2k rpm. Crazy!

The Kia is 3900 lbs but feels as light on its feet as the red sport and gets more feedback through the steering wheel, so you know what the tires are doing in the kia... not the Infiniti. The Kia engine murders the 3.7 and has progressive torque till max boost when you finally hit the pop. The red sport is more like an NA giving you a particular amount of sudden torque in more RPM points than the Kia. But that said. The Q red sport transmission is an abomination. The Kia isn't. It's snappy and responsive so it doesn't muddle the sensations of its excellent engine.

The Kia stinger doesn't eclipse the Q but people that value different aspects of performance would lean toward one or the other if they can get past Kia BIAS.

But honestly. I don't think the q50 will survive the G70.
With the weight reduction and even more aggressive transmission tuning? The current Kia transmission is already way better. A sportier tune in the G can only make this car a threat. Honestly. The only car really standing far ahead In this pack is the Alfa Giulia. N their price point rivals Kia in the Ti Sport. U want a car that puts Kia, Infiniti and even BMW to shame???? The Giulia, hands down. Nothing drives like it. Genesis is gonna have to work miracles to get next to the Giulia. Same with the infinit.