View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #113 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
On #4. You stated the use of stillen tank as an only option but the best option is to use the Factory overflow tank in the factory location.

I am not a huge fan of the way the 45* coupler is coming off your intercooler. I know it can be tricky dialing that Y pipe in to fit just right (but much easier than routing turbo piping all over the place) , but Its possible. Cant you clock the Y pipe clockwise about an inch? That should alleviate that small bend in your 45*.
Completely agree with Topz on the coolant reservoir. Buuuuuutttt if you choose not to use it and its the pressurized version, I'd be happy to buy it from you .

With the couplers, put some windex or a tiny bit of soapy water where you connect the coupler. That will allow it to move much more freely while you get everything loose-connected. It will allow you to maneuver out any kinks and then tighten everything down. The "lube" will dry, no big deal. That's what I did to ensure I didn't have any kinks in mine.
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote