View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 11:39 PM   #111 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Images of the A2A install that was done today!

(Yes this means the engine is fully in there, and that my baby will be ready to fire up tomorrow!!! Just a few things missing)

--> I spend the entire day at my mechanic's shop Affinity Performance and he installs the A2A kit. We ran into a few issues but it was quickly solved with the help of TopgunZ support as well as KowKow's support. It could not have been finished without their help today. One issue we ran into was replacing the jackshaft supercharger 3.2" stock pulleys with a 3.0" and a 3.47" using the same belt. This was no beuno. It was found that custom spacers were needed as well as a slightly longer belt -- as the total area for the stock belt is fitted to about 6.4" with +/- of like .2 inches or so. We ended up taking TopgunZ advice and not using the 3.47" pulley but only using the 3.0" pulley paired with the 3.0" pulley and keeping the stock idler pulley as well. According to Topz this should bring in about 13 psi max with the full 928 upgrade package for my V3 blower as well, and the idler pulley on the serpentine side. TopgunZ said if I wanted to make more power then I would have to either take off the filter on the blower to make ~16psi or...instead of dealing with custom spacers and a new belt to make the 3.47" fit, just use a 2.85" SC pulley as well as a 3" idler pulley paired with the current 3.0" SC pulley to make more PSI. I loved that idea and I will definitely document that for future reference when I do decide to make more PSI! <--

--> The next issue we ran into was deleting the front bumper support because of the brand new intercooler that came with the kit. It was found that to put it back on we would need to modify things but I chose to just leave it off. <--

--> Issue #3: We had a question about the PCV delete and how that would affect or not affect the engine in the long run. I read on the g37 forum that the PCV delete is not healthy for the engine but there was no explanation given. My tuner said it wasn't healthy for the engine either. Maybe I will just install a special vacuum line just to circumvent the PCV delete issue, if needed at all in the future. Topz said it was fine since it was vented into the atmosphere. But I don't know, since I'm hearing all kinds of things from people I respect, I will try to do further research about this topic! <--

--> Issue #4: We found that as far as the overflow tank (reservoir tank), we have to either relocate the stock stillen SC overflow tank or use the stock stillen overflow tank and make a custom bracket for it since the tabs were deleted off for when the SC kit was initially installed. <--

--> Issue #5: Not a big one at all as soon as TopGunz supported us throughout the process with an answer to our question. Our question was how the heck do we fit the tiny filter into the tiny space on the blower??? Well, he said you put the filter on the blower AND THEN install the blower into the vehicle into the designated spot. Otherwise it is impossible to fit into that space. He also noted that each time you replace the filter, the blower needs to be removed which is fine. <--

--> As of today, there remains a few things left to do for the vehicle to be fully ready to fire up and all upgrades installed:
(1) Install Fresh O2 Sensors
(2) Install e85 Zeitronix Kit (even though I won't be using it until way later, might as well get it installed now)
(3) Replace rear tires with the MT 305/35/19 Street S/S tires! *Super Sticky & Soft compound!*
(4) Add all necessary fluids into the car (OEM Coolant, Oil, Supercharger Oil - 4oz, etc)
(5) Put the High Pressure Radiator cap on!
(6) Install 4 Bar Omni Sensor (If he didn't do that already, not sure) -- necessary for the A2A kit
(7) Hook up the battery
(8) Brand New VVEL RH & LH break in mechanical procedure since we don't have a console unit to do it for us xD

After all those things it would be fully ready to put a base tune on which will be sent to me later today / early tomorrow.
My tune is from Eugene (ByThaBay forum user).
I will keep everyone updated!! (Yes this was also stated in the OP thread but I know not everyone reads long threads...haha) I just am so happy I want people to know!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (296.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (194.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (158.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (180.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (117.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (188.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (205.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (229.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (201.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (167.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (193.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (191.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (185.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (138.5 KB, 26 views)
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote