View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #62 (permalink)
Girald
Base Member

Drives: 15' 370z SpTech 6MT
Girald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond repute

Ive money shifted twice (*ouch and ouch) Once on the freeway to damn near 9k in gear and another just over 8 at the track, with clutch out...

Not proud of it since it always feels like how you feel when you see someone get kicked in the balls..

That said, ive had compression and blow by checks to gauge health just before a TT install coming up. All looks good, car sounds strong, and mag oil plug looks typical. I have to say, these cars take abuse, but im not trying to repeat it....

BUT: I do know now that the non-nismo oil pumps are sht, and my future at the track could kill the car if i dont upgrade to a new billet oil pump gear, or simply switch to a nismo oil pump. And - i might have done damage to the pump that might reveal itself after boosting and tracking the car...

I did add an oil pressure gauge, something my OCD enjoys to stress about. So, I can catch a failure in time hopefully,,, but 99.999% I will swap to the new billet pump when they drop my motor for the turbo install.

ALL OF THAT SAID: if the car can hang with me for 2 years boosted, ill be sending it off to AAM for a forged block and 750WHP no shts given