View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gsxr
Base Member

Drives: 2010 40th ann. 370z
Gsxr has a reputation beyond reputeGsxr has a reputation beyond reputeGsxr has a reputation beyond reputeGsxr has a reputation beyond reputeGsxr has a reputation beyond reputeGsxr has a reputation beyond reputeGsxr has a reputation beyond reputeGsxr has a reputation beyond reputeGsxr has a reputation beyond reputeGsxr has a reputation beyond reputeGsxr has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation 9 dollar broken fuel pump fix

there is no running away from this problem, and I didn't want to spend money if I can fix it by myself..and I wanted it tonight
specially after getting stranded in the middle of the road after few drifts

ended up going to Lowe's
2x 10-24 threaded rod 1ft long
plumbing copper tube that fits perfectly over it
6x 10-24 nuts

the copper length part is 14.5 cm or a bit over 5.7 inches
the rod in total is 20cm, or 7.9 inches

copper part is there just to be used as a spacer,you can also use nuts on the thread as a lock and the length depends where your top mount is broken..but I wanted to avoid any possibility of a failure and I made a full size spacer

In the end I added little bit of loctite to secure the nuts..
the car is running strong, and I abused it after I did this..works perfect without a problem, and it is really really stiff and rigid

I know there are options there on the market, but for 9 bucks and local Lowes or Home Depot, and a permanent solution..nothing can beat this if you ask me

Last edited by Gsxr; 11-13-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote