View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 01:29 PM   #2409 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle64b View Post
I've put belt dressing on both sides of both new belts and I have the TBatt pulley and the Si impeller and the 9lb pulley. I only make 8.5spsi @ 7k RPM on the street (3rd gear pulls)... Seb made almost 10psi on the stock 8lb pulley on someone else's car on a dyno (generally done in 5th gear).

I don't say that to knock anybody or anything, but to give you a data point if your street data looks different from your dyno data.

I haven't been able to get on a dyno yet to see pressure there since I went to the 9lb pulley.

The thing I have yet to do is use a thermal imager on the pulleys to see if any of them are heating up more than the others because of the frictional heat from belt slip (if that is the issue).

If you have any questions with what I've done to ensure that the issue is not with the engine, I'll be happy to talk to you about it. I can also trade logs with you if you'd like just for comparison to see if we're seeing proportional and similar performance.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind, do you have the 928 bearings?
I called Vortech and the tech guy said most likely belt slippage and if I have slippage there should be belt dust and suggests high traction pulleys.

I checked and I have a lot of belt dust below/around the jackshaft pulley in the sc side so I'm definitely getting belt slippage. There is no belt dust around the sc pulley but the 2.85 I bought is a high traction. No belt dust anywhere on the serpentine side. I went ahead and ordered the high traction jackshaft pulley. Wondering if I should go ahead and change the sc belt also?

I don't have the 928 bearings and I know the bearings could be living on borrowed time.

Also, all of my logs were done on the dyno in SZ shop. I haven't done any data logging on the street. I made a little over 10psi with Si sc and 9lb pulley on the dyno.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp

Last edited by redondoaveb; 06-20-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Additional info
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote