View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #2408 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
Seb didn't think it was belt slip but like he said, he's on a learning curve with superchargers. I have the tbatt upgrade, do you think I could still be getting belt slip on the serpentine side? I guess most likely it's would be on the sc side. I had the same issue on my first tune with him too, prior to installing the 2.85 pulley. I'll talk to Seb about doing some data log runs with the belt dressing on each side. Thanks for the insight.
I've put belt dressing on both sides of both new belts and I have the TBatt pulley and the Si impeller and the 9lb pulley. I only make 8.5spsi @ 7k RPM on the street (3rd gear pulls)... Seb made almost 10psi on the stock 8lb pulley on someone else's car on a dyno (generally done in 5th gear).

I don't say that to knock anybody or anything, but to give you a data point if your street data looks different from your dyno data.

I haven't been able to get on a dyno yet to see pressure there since I went to the 9lb pulley.

The thing I have yet to do is use a thermal imager on the pulleys to see if any of them are heating up more than the others because of the frictional heat from belt slip (if that is the issue).

If you have any questions with what I've done to ensure that the issue is not with the engine, I'll be happy to talk to you about it. I can also trade logs with you if you'd like just for comparison to see if we're seeing proportional and similar performance.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind, do you have the 928 bearings?
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote