View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
avitech
Base Member

Drives: 82Mercedes-Benz300SD
avitech is on a distinguished road
Default The 370Z vs. the Honda S2000

Before the 370Z came out I never gave the 350Z much thought. No offense but I always thought the 350Z looked weird and I didn't like the interior or the seats in it. And Nissan didn't make any cars that I liked. Even their pickup truck looked low quality and unimaginative compared to the competitors.

But the 370Z changed all that. I remember the first time I saw one on the Freeway and I was very impressed. Before the 370Z came out, I've been meaning to get a new Honda S2000. Now that the new 370Z is out it makes the older design of the S2000 look not as desirable anymore. The 370Z looks like it's going fast even when it's standing still. It also looks more like a mans car when compared with the S2000. No offense to the S2000 crowd. But in the styling department the new 370Z is far nicer then the S2000 or the 350Z IMHO. The S2000 is not the same though. Offering a light weight chassis with a high compression naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engine. It's a different kind of animal.

The first time I saw a 350Z was back in year 2002 summertime in Long Beach CA on one of their main primary access roads heading westbound by a grocery store a 35 year old American woman in her new silver 350Z hit her brakes hard for an unknown reason and she was rear ended by a full sized Ford Econoline van driven by a 70 year old Caucasian male. After the van hit that 350Z and was stopped in the middle of the road, another 18 year old Caucasian girl driving a white new Honda civic was reaching over for her water bottle and when she looked up it was too late to stop so she rear ended that full sized van and I remember seeing her airbags deploy and the inside of her car filling with smoke from the airbags. I was horrified when I saw this. All 3 drivers involved were in shock. I stopped and told them I was a perfect witness to this accident because I saw all of it while I was driving my own car in the next lane to that Honda Civic. They never called me or needed me to fill out a witness statement. The old guy driving the van was shaking from the shock and the lady of the Z tried her best to comfort him. This is what happens when you share a road with cars that have different handling characteristics combined with different type of drivers; some of which aren't paying attention 100% of the time, some with slower reflexes.

This was around 8 years ago. Time really fly's.

I got my new 370Z the other day. I named it "Lightning". A 2010 Nissan 370Z in metallic blue with a manual transmission. I don't know how I've lived so long without one. It's almost like we were meant to be together...

Last edited by avitech; 01-27-2010 at 11:27 AM.
avitech is offline   Reply With Quote