View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #52 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erob View Post
I definitely don't want to start an oil cooler debate so PLEASE take this post as my experience only.

After reading and researching for weeks I decided to buy the 25 row Z1 oil cooler with thermostat sandwich plate. I live in the most Eastern tip of TN. So far this year the temps have been in the high 80's to low 90's. I DO NOT ever plan on tracking my car and as long as I own it will remain normally aspirated. After installing the oil cooler my temps barely made it to 180, I ended up duct taping over approximately 6 rows in the middle of the oil cooler and it now runs around 180 and just above while doing some spirited driving. IMO, and this applies to my driving conditions only, I think the 19 row would have worked fine. If you want to lower you oil temps the oil cooler does work great and is easy to install. I hope that helps.
Same experience with a 25 row Thermostatic plated cooler in South Florida, barely get a whisper over 180*. Haven't seen 190* yet.