View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #3839 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy View Post
Trans in the old maxima took a dump today, driving along at 55/60 mph. heard a big
" clunk " but was acting normal until the next time I came to a stop ( 5 mi. ) went to take off and it would hardly move ..... Stuck in 5th ( auto )

Now to replace the trans or the car. It's looks and runs great and only has 133,000 mi. on it, but it's only worth $3,500/4,000 retail, it's an 06
The big bummer is, I'm going to have to use the Z as my daily running up and down the freeways of the motor city until I figure what I'm going to do!
Does it have the floor board rotting issue? If not and in otherwise good condition could be worth it to have it rebuilt or just drop a used trans on there. Or.... You could be like me and just use it as an excuse to get another car, haha