View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #90 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadoo View Post
I haven’t even gotten that far. I need more info which I haven’t gotten yet. See I thought I was doing everything right. Buying the best parts and going with Stillen’s “safe” setup. Plus the motor and car is brand new. I’m waiting for answers from the shop and what stillen has to say about the tune they sent. The SC was put together per stillen’s instructions and there warranty guidelines.
Very sad to hear. Breaks my heart.

Going forward, why do you need a new engine? Can you find a decent shop that can pinpoint exact failure and replace parts as required?

Did you check oil and oil filter for metal?

Without removing engine, you can boroscope the cylinders and MAYBE remove oil pan and check bottom end.

I know this is happening very quickly but just trying to give advice and you can refer to it at your pace.

In the end, if it's cheaper to replace engine, so be it. However, I'd look into it a little more.

Good luck and keep us posted. We want to hear some good news.

ZZ
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote