View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:45 AM   #53 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Supercharger?

So I'm to the point where it's time to plan the next stages of my build. I've made just about all the NA power I can realistically expect to make, and removed every reasonable restriction to flow.

My rules with mods are pretty simple - I can do anything I want, but I have to install it myself. It's a decent balance point, because it prevents me from doing anything too stupid, and continues to enhance my knowledge of my vehicle. Additionally, my Z is a daily driver, so nothing I do should compromise that.

With that in mind, I'm considering Topgunz A2A supercharger kit. I've been through the FI threads once, and I'll have to dig in a few more times to have a really good idea of what I'd be tackling, but I'm fairly certain at some point in the next year, that'll be on my list of purchases.

For any of you out there reading this who have gone FI, is there any wisdom you can pass on to me that you wish you'd known before hand? Components that aren't often listed but that you wish you had purchased? Strange heat shielding that is never mentioned but should be?