View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 07:15 PM   #210 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

Day 3

This was an all lapping day, session.
Started out with a little class room session, with the new drivers.
everyone got into the vans, for another track tour. Then it was off for 20 minute sessions on and 20 minutes sessions off. With a break for lunch..

I got a school car for the day, didn't not want to do anything else to the Z after yesterday. School car was an Acura ILX, stick shift. Now they were not your normal ILX's. They did have better tires / brake / improved suspension. Once I adapted felt ok. It was good enough just to do the lapping.

I met an engineer from Nissan, he was pretty quick too, turned a 1:52 in the school car, I was 10 seconds slower then him. I found out he designed brake systems. I talked to him about my breaking problem. He was funny, for he always stated it was HIS OPINION. Making sure it did not reflect Nissan position.

On my lap timing app I record 170 laps over 3 days. Not bad at all.

Now I just need to get the Z to handle my braking needs.

My overall impression of the Mid-Ohio Performance school, is I would do it again. Because they allow you to drive your car. The school was 1900 for 3 days, they provide lunches and lots of track time.

Now need to pick a couple of other track days for the year....