View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
CRiZO
Track Member

Drives: in traffic
CRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
A few things:

1. Rotors rarely actually warp. The phenomena that generally is to blame is brake pad deposits on the rotor face. Doing some hard braking from ~55 to 5 mph 5 or 6 times in a row and then allowing the brakes to cool without having the brakes applied at all may help.

2. Vibration at or above a certain speed with everything else being the same often indicates a wheel (or wheels) that are out of balance.

3. I like the Z1 2-piece rotors on my car but for a non-competition or HPDE car they are probably just a waste of money.
Thanks for the reply. Probably a coincidence of timing from two separate things then.

I'll give the hard braking a try, then get my wheel balance checked.

Car won't see more than hpde, but reducing unsprung weight is always a good thing and they're pretty and I just want an excuse
CRiZO is offline   Reply With Quote