View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz1614 View Post
Zoom great timing with your post. The sound is epic for an axle back no doubt!! (Btw I noticed you had another post about it being too loud for your taste. I felt similarly until today. When I installed them it was like a 55-60 degree day. Sound was LOUD. Today it was 80 here, they definitely were toned done in the warmer weather.)

I have a question for ya..I was grabbing my bag out of the trunk the other day after driving and my leg hit the tip and gave me a quick burn! I was really shocked how hot the tips were. Hot enough that you could only quickly tap them with your hand for a second or so. I don't know if the tips on the stock muffler got this hot as I never checked. Definitely don't want them distorting the paint/plastic on the bumper long term..let me know how hot yours get after driving if you don't mind. I doubt this could be anything to do with the way the car is running because its such a small mod that the eco would adjust to..anyways if you could let me know much appreciated..thanks!!
Funny how we Z people feel the same pains. LOL. I'm referring to the hot pipe question. Instantly when I installed them, I was concerned about the hot tips near the plastic bumper/cutout. I didn't burn my legs yet.

I did do a touch test after a long drive. Wasn't scolding hot but warm-hot. I think there is enough airflow during drive that that shouldn't be an issue. Now, on a hot day, in traffic, I may be a little more wiery. Weather has been on the cool side in my part of the world. I will re-post during the hotter months.

Yes, been getting some good advice on my other post. Not many "Muffler" options for axle back. Just deletes and cat-backs or full systems. For NISMO anyway.

For now, I love the sound and look for more options.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote