View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 06:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
7ssain
Base Member

Drives: 2013 BP Turbo 370z
7ssain is on a distinguished road

Any forced induction route you go to will cause strain on your car no matter what.. but over the years people have tested what is the safe and reliable limit of this platform. generally and from experience of people i know personally (500whp/430tq) is "safe" while a lot are running much higher ( as high as 650whp/550wtq) without issues for many miles on the stock block.

To insure reliability of your FI project you will need to take care to address the limitations of the OEM parts

Things to watch out for

- Fuel : for your goals a return fuel system is not needed but if you want reliability and extra safety margin then it should be on top of the list

- Clutch: upgrading the clutch is a must on any FI for additional reliability you would want to replace the CSC to a heavy duty one or do and CMAK and replace the master cylinder with a new one and high temp clutch fluid.

- Cooling: oil cooler is a must as well.. you may want to upgrade your radiator or get a vented hood for better cooling. things to consider is exhaust wrap to or a turbo bag.

- Install: having your installation done by a well experienced installer with good history on working on this platform. they will know their way around.

- Tune: i think this is the most important thing after getting a proper install. this what determines how reliable it runs. getting it tuned by the best of the best in this platform with tons of experience is the key! nowadays you can have so many failsafes to protect your car incases of (over boost, lean condition, overheating,knock, etc..) and your tuner will be able to implement all of this and more to run everything within safe margins.

Personally i went with Boosted Performance Turbo kit. out of the box you will be able to reach and exceed your goals and even if you decide to higher you are not limited by anything kit wise.

Good luck!