View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Koz1614
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Nismo
Koz1614 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZ View Post
I just installed mine, also a 2017 Nismo.

Yeah, it's not the most accurate fitment. I struggled with getting the heights matched. Left side sticks up a bit higher. 2 shims on left upper hangar, and none on R/H.

As for them sticking out. I basically placed the pipe flush with the inside lip of Tip. ( as you have shown) They stick out nice for me. I don't think you're goinf to get better than that.

VERY LOUD now!
Zoom great timing with your post. The sound is epic for an axle back no doubt!! (Btw I noticed you had another post about it being too loud for your taste. I felt similarly until today. When I installed them it was like a 55-60 degree day. Sound was LOUD. Today it was 80 here, they definitely were toned done in the warmer weather.)

I have a question for ya..I was grabbing my bag out of the trunk the other day after driving and my leg hit the tip and gave me a quick burn! I was really shocked how hot the tips were. Hot enough that you could only quickly tap them with your hand for a second or so. I don't know if the tips on the stock muffler got this hot as I never checked. Definitely don't want them distorting the paint/plastic on the bumper long term..let me know how hot yours get after driving if you don't mind. I doubt this could be anything to do with the way the car is running because its such a small mod that the eco would adjust to..anyways if you could let me know much appreciated..thanks!!

Last edited by Koz1614; 06-09-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Koz1614 is offline   Reply With Quote