View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #48 (permalink)
Memphis370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 MB
Memphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
The weather abruptly cleared, and we're talking bright sun and heat! Madwi, EastWest, Memphis370 and I decided to take a run at the dragon behind a pack of GT-Rs.

Madwi already posted one great shot of his car with mine; attached is a shot of Madwi and EW, and a shot of my car on its way back.

As for my impressions on the dragon - wow. This was my first real test of my car, and my driving, on anything substantial. We just don't really have roads like this at home, though navigating traffic on I95 has its own challenges... Anyway, the first run through, EW did a great job leading us, and it let me start getting the idea of how to handle my car. I rapidly found that what my car could handle was way higher than I was capable of handling as a driver. Even with (mostly) stock suspension components, my 370 was impressive.

We stopped at a turn around most of the way through, let vehicles and drivers cool down, and then headed back with Memphis taking point. Following him was a challenge! He drove like a bat out of hell, but with perfect and precise control. I did what I could to keep up, but after slowing down at one of those scenic overlooks to avoid people walking in the road, I lost him entirely until he pulled over to wait. The ride back pushed my skills to the limit. Awesome. Would absolutely do it again. My heart rate was high enough my FitBit logged the drive as exercise.
Glad I got to meet y'all, and thanks so much for letting me join y'all for a run up and down the Dragon. I had a blast and look forward to doing it again next May!
Memphis370Z is offline   Reply With Quote