View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 08:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
BoneZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Silver Thang
BoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghh0st View Post
IMHO I'm not a fan of those.

But I wanted to voice my opinion since I just got my nismo style high top wing installed and I LOVE it. It looks similar to the 2013 factory nismo wing, but without the center brace and I think it's a bit wider. Here's some pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/XrvJeuJ

Total was 350 bucks, from thespoilercompany on ebay. Fully painted to what you want.

Quality is about a 9 out of 10. The paint looks great and matches really well.
Fitment is about an 8 out of 10.
Install difficulty is an 8 out of 10.

The way the wing's mounting holes are setup you need to drill extra holes in the bottom of the trunk lid to get around a secondary structural plate inside the truck deck. I originally installed it with just 2 of the 4 bolts, but it was wobbly and didn't fit right. After struggling to get the 2 other more difficult bolts in, the fitment got significantly better and was 100% secure.

There's a gap above the third brake light, but it doesn't bother me since you can't see it. Unless you're looking up from the license plate area.

The company that owns thespoilercompanys assets (DAR Spoilers) was a pleasure to work with. They sent me extra hardware + 3m Tape after I mentioned I only had two of the 4 bolts needed. AND when I called the DAR phone # for questions they were super happy to help regarding the remaining two bolts that were difficult to get secured.
What's all that black stuff squishing from under the spoiler?