View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Paisan
Base Member

Drives: 05 CTSV 05 Legacy GT
Paisan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Paisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
No oofense, but viscosity breakdown will occur long before 25k miles. 10k with synthetic is cool, Amsoil is pushing it with their recommendation. If tracking a car I would change it long before 3k as well. Nothing special about an Amsoil filter that Farm, Purolator or even the Wal Mart brand do not have. 25k filtration, no way man.
The Amsoil Synthetics are of the highest level (there are several different levels) the only other ones on that level are Redline and one other (The name escapes me now) and the filters are in fact of a much higher filtration capacity than those you find in the generic stores. Like I said, we don't recommend the full 25k miles that they guarantee, but we've had test done at 10k and it was as good as new according to Blackstone.

For a tracked car, I wasn't referring to 3k track miles, I meant a street car that also sees track time. We run the Amsoil in all our cars including our turbo track car and my Nissan Armada that tows my 11,500lb cigarette boat Good stuff in our opinion and testing.

-mike
Paisan is offline   Reply With Quote