View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 09:44 AM   #4131 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
if you get a Q60, plus upgrades to match GT-R power, you'd be at the same cost, weight, but slower and uglier........

i'll stick with the GT-R
A lot can be said about any money we put in our cars, and you're right. The money put in the non-RS Q60 is enough to get a used GT-R. A few friends bought Corvettes since it's a performance bargain out of the box. Looks-wise, that's subjective. Power-wise, there's always going to be faster cars.

My dream car is the classic NSX. It's a timeless design with a very simple and ergonomic interior, great gearbox (MT YEA!), and engine. Power-wise, it lags behind the Civic Type-R. Cost-wise, it's ridiculous.

I've had several friends try to get me back in the car hobby and suggest I get an old car to restore. First, I live in an apartment now (sold house, 2 weeks in), and I don't have time and space for all that lol. Second, I'm not going to waste money on something I don't fully like even though what I really like is out of reach.