View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Z1 ported upper manifold followed close behind. While my intakes had been no big deal, the manifold proved a little bit more tricky for me, for 3 reasons.

First, I'm an idiot.
Second, the DIY on the forums didn't mention that the upper plenum has a gasket (as do the throttle bodies).
Third, the gasket doesn't actually fall out of the plenum when you lift it. That would've been a strong clue for me that I needed to transfer the gasket from the old plenum to the new plenum.

Started the car, and it died immediately. WTF. Sweating profusely, with the temperature in my garage slightly higher than the surface of the sun, I dissected my setup, reassembled it, started it - died again. By now it was close to 10 pm, the sun was gone but the heat remained, and I turned to the internet, eventually stumbling over a thread which provided the necessary enlightenment. Cursing my foolishness, I vowed to return!

TL;DR - I transferred the gaskets, and the car started. May your own installation be easier than mine. On the flip side, after 3 uninstall/reinstalls, I got pretty good at it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plenum.jpg (464.3 KB, 56 views)