View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 06:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisan View Post
That's what Amsoil says for NA cars. The major problem today with cars isn't the oil, it's the filters. They are only good for about 3-5k miles then you need to change em. As long as you are changing the filters might as well change the oil too. The Amsoil filters are specially built to last 25k miles. While I wouldn't recommend any of our customers do 25k miles, 10k oil changes with the Amsoil full synthetic and filter on a street driven car aren't too crazy. On a car that is tracked we'd knock that down to about 3k-5k miles.

-mike
No oofense, but viscosity breakdown will occur long before 25k miles. 10k with synthetic is cool, Amsoil is pushing it with their recommendation. If tracking a car I would change it long before 3k as well. Nothing special about an Amsoil filter that Farm, Purolator or even the Wal Mart brand do not have. 25k filtration, no way man.