Thread: New Z owner
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
KingTdot
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370z Black 6MT
KingTdot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mults View Post
Welcome and congrats on your new ride...

About the clutch...I've been driving manual cars for more years than I can to divulge here, but let me tell you that this was by far, the most difficult car to drive smoothly . Even after 7 years, it is still a challenge. What I have finally realized (for me) is to keep the seat a little farther away from the pedals. What I found is that if I do not depress the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, it eliminates the the amount of travel in the pedal and makes the clutch engagement that much smoother.

You also have to be very patient because the engine RPM's do not drop very fast, so I almost count one-thousand-one before shifting. Even with the Rev-Match feature, it takes a while to learn to be smooth. I have purchased the RJM pedal kit, but have been a little lazy in doing the installation. Just be patient and you can become a "Z SHIFT MASTER" in no time...
I noticed this as well, but it makes driving conservative and smooth very slow.. at least for me. Will update on future progression or regression .
KingTdot is offline   Reply With Quote