View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 06:04 PM   #4117 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I got spend a little time with the VP of marketing several of division heads for Nissan USA at ZDAYZ. As everyone knows they chase what most consumers want. They also love the Z. I would say that two guys I spent the most time with both like the 370 more than the GTR and the one guy was over the GTR program before taking his current position.

Okay with all that being said, my take on what I heard and saw and they all were very clear that they don't know anything regarding the future plans of the 370z but I did hear them say the heritage series is a parts bin car. They need to reduce the numbers of Zs and parts. No surprise there. The encouraging thing is they had on display new suspension parts band in Nismo colors and name. They have partnered with SPL to provide them with to parts under the Nissan Nismo brand. They hinted at other products will becoming in the future. So is the Z dead...I don't think so but who the hell really does!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's cool man. Too bad that one guy didn't have more say. Obviously Nissan won't consider losing money in developing a new Z so the risk is outweighing the possible reward.

I'm willing to be if a new Z came and had the vr30dtt and looked much better than ours now most of us are jumping ship....

This isn't like the 350z to 370z which bumped displacement and shortened it.... we would be talking the one big thing everyone's wanted for well over a decade pushing 2 decades and putting a damn twin turbo from factory so we have a warranty and dont have to shell out 15k to turbo this car and have no motor warranty....