View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 02:45 PM   #78 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_O_Nite View Post
For argument's sake, let's say your question applies to the front wheel with akebonos and let's also say that you're looking at 19s.

From what I learned from Josh, you should be safe as long as you select a wheel size from the HP disk column (I'm not sure if any other disks or faces would work).

The "safe bet" would be going with the 19 x 9.5 +25 wheel. If you're looking for a more aggressive fitment, the 19x9.5 +12 wheel would give you a bigger lip (66mm, up from 53mm), but may rub if you're super low.
These are $1,000 per wheel. No way in hell i'm getting 19x9.5 +25, thats WEAK fitment. If you want wheels that size you can get something 1-piece for about half the price.

If you are buying $4,000 worth of wheels, you get something aggressive, and you do it right with rolled fenders and SPL arms all around and coilovers to fit it all together

Getting crappy fitment is like going to a michelin star restaurant and ordering french fries. Nope. You go there so you can get the good stuff. You want lobster. You want wagyu. You want bluefin.

I would get:
20x9.5, -3 (MD) on a 245/35/20. Front camber will be around -3 deg.
20x11, -1 (SL) on 285/30/20. Rear camber will be around -2 deg.

EDIT:
Reference photo attached. That's DPE_G's car. 20x9.5 +16 in front on 245/35/20. Look at how much space is between tire and fender, thats at least one finger. He's at like -2 camber to IIRC.

and also . . . i have 20x11 +15 in front. Thats only 1mm different in outside position compared to 20x9.5 -3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DPE_G.jpg (56.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by OptionZero; 05-31-2018 at 04:01 PM.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote