View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 01:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Shoeshear
Base Member

Drives: '15 370z Sport MT
Shoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danegrey View Post
Nice write up, glad you had fun, yes, learning the limits of the Z are interesting

"Tape-Bra:
I did this the day-of. Wanted to minimize the debris, rock chips, and general crap on the bumper. Still managed to catch a bunch of crap on the hood from an E30 M3 and a 911 GT3 RS who both seemed like they threw an entire tire at me over the course of a lap...."

You might want to look into this product
Protect - n - peel

Easy to apply and peels right off

https://protectnpeel.com/
[QUOTE=Hotrodz;3760711]So you are moving to AZ...come play with us, AZ NASA! It is a great group of guy and girls that love to go fast and have safely.

So those oil temps are not bad at all. Remember even though the ambient temps are only in the mid to high 70s the asphalt temp continues to rise and be as much as 30 to 40* hotter than the actual air temp. You will see track temps in AZ that you can actually fry an egg on. Don't be surprised to see your temps go as high 265 and you end up in limp mode. The other thing that will happen is you will lose poor as the oil and water temps climb as the motor start pulling timing to protect its self. You may wan to look in to a vented hood or get you a set of Trackspec hood vents. They are worth their weight in gold. I'm boosted so I have done a lot of stuff to get more in to my engine bay and then out again.

I'll definitely have to try that protect and peel thing next time. Blue tape was a PITA for sure.

And yeah, I definitely want to get involved in AZ, but won't have a ton of time (going to be an IM resident at U of A). I think I read your build thread or something and saw you post about the Trackspec vents (definitely looking into those) as well as the nostril things. Seems like cooling the car is the major hurdle. I can't do anything too drastic because it's my DD also. Definitely want to do all the usual stuff eventually (exhaust first because I love at least a bit of noise) including suspension, tune, vents, etc.

PS, that's a mean looking Z!
Shoeshear is offline   Reply With Quote