View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 07:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
snakebite
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Roadster
snakebite has a reputation beyond reputesnakebite has a reputation beyond reputesnakebite has a reputation beyond reputesnakebite has a reputation beyond reputesnakebite has a reputation beyond reputesnakebite has a reputation beyond reputesnakebite has a reputation beyond reputesnakebite has a reputation beyond reputesnakebite has a reputation beyond reputesnakebite has a reputation beyond reputesnakebite has a reputation beyond repute

It's TINY compared to the Z!
Im 6'1", or I was at one time. At 60, I've likely compressed some?

Anyways, I thought getting in and out of the Z was a bit tedious, but it takes planning in the MX-5. I open the door and turn around and sit. Then I take my shoes off and place them in the floor board of the passenger side. This makes it easy for me not to scuff up the door panel and threshold as I slide my legs in.

Once in, I actually have plenty, wait, just enough room to adjust petal and wheel distance. Think "fits like a glove". So yea, any longer or wider and I'd be feeling stuffed.

As for the top? Brilliantly simple. Put it down or up with 1 hand while seated!

Having said all that, there's itches the Z scratches that the little roadster can't. The first word that comes to mind is "refinement".

There's others, of course.

Honestly, there's less overlap than you would think at first glance.

I have 6 or 7 motorcycles. My kids never understood. Because they never bit, a motorcycle is a motorcycle to them.

But a man who loves horses will tell you they all have their own gait. It might look similar to someone watching him saddle up and ride off, regardless of which animal he chooses that day. But to him, every one of them feels different underneath him.

I'm a blessed man I suppose, with the dilemma I face each morning. Grateful in fact.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote