View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 12:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfromfl View Post
phunk...would you recommend that someone with no experience at all with fuel systems to defer the install to a reputable shop? Or is it reasonably straightforward for a newbie, just requiring patience and time? Do your kits have fairly detailed instructions?

I'd hate to tear into this, then discover halfway in that I'm over my head...then have to arrange for a flatbed to get it to a shop!
It depends mechanical aptitude and confidence, and on how genuinely interested you are in learning how the fuel system works. It is very straight forward in general, as a fuel system is much like any type of plumbing where fuel just needs to make it from point A to point B and move in the correct direction through components.

There are instructions for the in-tank / fuel pump housing modifications, but for the rest of the kit there are no instructions at all. There are a few photos available to inspire possible hose routing, but there is no explanation or instructions at all for AN plumbing, hoses, regulators, or general fuel system routing etc. So there needs to be at least a vague familiarity with fuel systems.

I have never heard of a customer not being able to finish one, but I would highly recommend getting yourself somewhat familiar with fuel systems in general before starting, and it will reduce your down time while having to figure it out while the car is in pieces.