View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 07:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
ITGUY
Base Member

Drives: 2018 370Z Coupe base
ITGUY is on a distinguished road
Default Hey from Toronto Canada

I actually live in a small town 30 minutes North of Toronto, but close enough

So...great forum here with a boat load of useful information.

Aboot one month ago I purchased a 2018 Base in Chicane yellow. At the time, it was one of only 8 available in Canada and the only one close to me. I think there are only 1 or 2 base models still for sale actually.

I needed a new daily driver and despise front wheel drive, and 4 bangers, and, well, you get the idea. Sort of bought the 370 on a whim, sight unseen, no test drive. It was a showroom car and I did it all via email.

Picked it up and drove it home in an ice storm LoL.

I have 1200 miles on it so far and absolutely love it. A very visceral car. No electronic nanny crap, strong engine (for a V6), lots of road noise and that engine starts to sing above 5k rpm. Yeah, i know..."old" tech, not updated a lot, but thats perfect for me. Interior is "good enough", seats are fine, etc etc etc. No complaints at all.

At 60 years of age I've been down the modding path many, many times, up to and including blowers and forged internals....I'm thinking I may leave this car alone...except maybe for the rear diff and exhaust.
My weekend car is a 2010 SRT8 Challenger with mods and the 370 is just too quiet for my liking. Its never going to sound like a 6.1 Hemi, but I think I'll buy the Invidia cat back for it.

So...I'll get my avatar and sig and all that stuff setup later, just wanted to say hello

Pete
ITGUY is offline   Reply With Quote