View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 07:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mrogersii;3759047]Curious what results other NISMO owners experienced if they replaced their NISMO headers with aftermarket ones. Did you see a significant gain in HP and torque?

Just to be clear, there are no such thing as "NISMO Headers". All 370s come with the same headers from the factory.

I highly agree with Rusty's responses. The man knows what he's talking about. He's helped me out quite a bit over the past few years (THANKS RUSTY!!). Start with the intakes. If you want max gains, get a long tube system, such as the Z1 or the Stillen Gen 3. This will increase throttle response, add additional power and you will hear a noticeable growl under heavy acceleration. On the exhaust side, I purchased and installed a Fast Intentions cat-back last year and I LOVE it! I went with the non-resonated option with carbon fiber mufflers. I'm also running Berk high flow cats, so my Z is LOUD! Since it isn't my daily driver, I love it. If this is your daily, you may want to consider the 12" or 18" resonators.

Your other bolt-on options are:
1. Porting/polishing or upgrading your throttle bodies
2. Aftermarket / ported and polished upper and lower intake manifolds
3. Headers - Have fun installing them!
4. Cats - Go for a reputable brand. I know others who have tried to save money here and have had major fitment issues.
5. Get a tune with EcuTek or UpRev. I went for a dyno tune as opposed to uploading a canned tune or sending data logs back and forth via email. Although a bit pricy, I think it was worth it.
6. Sprint Booster - Personally I love this device, it was much more noticable prior to my tune, but it still adds responsiveness even after EcuTek
7. Lightweight pulleys - Have fun installing them!

If you're interested in porting and polishing, there is a member on here who does it for a reasonable fee. I'm running his throttle bodies and plan to have him do the same with my upper and lower intake in the near future.

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...

Last edited by Spartan 1771; 05-25-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote