View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #99 (permalink)
Orestp
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
Orestp is on a distinguished road

I've had the GTM twin SC since 2013.

I've had 3 pulley / idler failures, bearings went and the the belts disintegrate - then I take it all apart - clean up the melted belt rubber, replace the failed pulley or idler, put it back together, etc., etc.

I track the car (20 min sessions) and do not think I'd have these failures if it was just daily driving / hard driving / thrashing.

I'm thinking of going turbo as there's fewer moving parts i.e.) fewer pulleys & belts.

Heat management has also been an issue - I've added the large GTM oil pan, vented hood, run water & water wetter, and recently deleted my 34 row air to oil cooler and added instead the largest Laminova oil cooler (coolant to oil) that exists - all these mods have improved cooling but I still over heat after 10 - 15 min of track time - and have to take a slow lap to get the temps back to an acceptable level.

Does SC add more heat to the system and turbos do?

Does any one think turbo is more reliable for track days?
GTM Twin Supercharger / GTM Large Capacity Oil Pan / GTM Valve Body Upgrade / Setrab 34 row oil cooler <- Deleted, Replaced with Laminova water to oil oil cooler / MotorDyne ART pipes / Cusco RS LSD / Tuned by Specialty Z / 15mm Ichiba spacers front & rear
Orestp is offline   Reply With Quote