View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 02:12 PM   #1114 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok to answer a few questions since I was at zdayz giving people rides and absolutely beating on this car! I officially have the most wheel time behind this kit. All I can say is WOW!!!! Its such a different animal especially in the mountains. At any given time I could sling the back end out and hold it there under power. Throttle modulation mid corner was amazing. The ability to power out of turns with 12 psi instantly slammed you into the seat and kept you there!

The car could do rolling 3rd gear burnouts!

Ok now on to questions:

Hood cowl options are still being worked on and a final design is almost settled on. Once it is decided we will go into protoyping in june - july time frame.

The reason for a cowl versus a hood was 1 - cost and 2- options for customers. RJM doesn't make body parts so they are out sourcing the hood cowl to a partner. a cowl costs less to manufacture and thus will cost less for customers.

CARB will be underway real soon. Once that is done they will have the EO# for people.

The Throttle body tubes are being revised for a lower footprint and to allow the oem air box to hook up to it. Also a smaller foot print out of the hood.

The car at Zdayz made 546whp and 410ftlbs and that was detuned as to save the stock transmission and tq convertor from blowing up. A 6mt car would easily made 600+whp on the same setup.
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054