View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
TennesseeZ
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport A7
TennesseeZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarity View Post
Can you tell me what options you got and how they set it up, I have the touring with nav and am trying to learn what my options are.

-polarity
I purchased the Sport package on my Z. It came with basic audio (2-2" tweets in the dash and 2-6.5" speakers in the doors.

First I took out the radio and replaced it with a Eclipse CD3200 radio. I am waiting on the nav cause I am still undecided. When I purchase nav it will fill up the entire double din slot. I put in a JL Audio VR 6.5 component set in the doors and flush mounted the tweet in the plastic piece that cover the mirror mount on the inside. I replace the dash tweeters with a pair of JL audio half inch tweets. So my highs basically scream now. As far as base I put a JL Audio W5 13.5" speaker where the spare was and flush mounted it with the surface so I was able to put the carpet back over it and you can't even tell it's there. Then pushing all these speakers I bought a JL Audio HD600 4 channel amp and the front channel is hooked to the tweets and the component set and the rear channel hooked to the sub. THe amp was mounted in the rear still but behind the suspension. The sound quality in the car is ten times better now and I am very happy with what I have. If I want to have a lot of base I can crank the bass up or I can just have a little base with the system. I have had the bose package in several Nissans I have owned and all of them have been very dissappointing. So I decided not to spend the extra money this time and get one without the upgrades cause I usually end up upgrading anyway.

You best bet is keeping the headunit you have and upgrade your speakers. There are kits out to be able to hook an amp up to the factory headunit. I had to do that on my Murano becuase of the integration with the screen and the heating controls. Good luck on whatever you do.