View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 07:38 PM   #167 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

Snakebite,

I appreciate your response, and I have to admit that I came back too harshly as well. (Why is it we all look back at how we could have approached things differently without ruffling someone else's feathers?) Part of being human. We don't come with a handbook.

As to the topic at hand ... the hard top designers are not new to this game, as they have made these kinds of tops for other convertibles, and the same fastening issues will have come up many times. They will have the answers.

I just wish I knew at this time what they are. I don't have an issue with my Z's top at this time, but as we all know ... that day may well come when the car is off warranty.

I will have this 2016 for many years (my 1990 300ZX, owned for 27 years with only 49 000 miles, was sold, along with my 55 Thunderbird and a 1954 MG TF Roadster) (downsizing the fleet) for this 370Z, and at 69 years of age, this may well be my last sports car. I have a special nephew who I want to pass it on to when I can no longer take care of it. And I want it to be as trouble free as I can make it when that time comes. He's drooling as I write.

If that means a hard top gets added, to get around any future soft top issues that may well break the bank, or not even be available due to the age of the car and parts availability, then I'm on board for this hard top.

But I've got to be convinced that it is a viable solution. As I mentioned in my last post, my 450 SL and the 55 Thunderbird had factory hardtops that were designed for those cars at concept and were fastened well to those cars. This hard top for the 370Z ... not so much, ... at this point. So, I think we need some answers, when they are available and properly developed.

I look forward to the manufacturer's followups.

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote