View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 07:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaoxiao4 View Post
Hi,

I'm thinking about switching out my Fly1 CF Amuse wing to an APR wing because I've heard that it has better function, so I've been toying around with getting the GTC300 or 250 paired with some custom front splitter / rear diffusers.

Does anyone know how well the APR wings do in terms of DF vs Amuse? or had experience with both on the track?

Side note: Amuse wing would leave a lot of holes.... would it be hard to patch it up
Down force from a GT wing versus a single element cosmetic wing is large.

The 09-14 nismo wing generates something like 150 lbs of downforce, i read that in an article a while back but can't find it anymore. Versus several hundred lbs of downforce generated by a GT wing. I've known people who have had to reinforce their hatch and had to put padding over the rear tail lights because the downforce was pushing the hatch down so much that the lights were cracking and the hatch was beginning to buckle.

Like everyone else said, don't run a GT wing without a chassis mounted front splitter. You won't be doing yourself any favors.

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |
Eagle is online now   Reply With Quote