View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 07:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Shotta
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z black M6
Shotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
This relates to Canadian cars. When I picked up my car the front plate bracket wasn’t mounted. The dealer said, you can mount it if you want, but you will get $2000 less for your car on a trade in if you bring it back here. Why? A lot of customers won’t buy it with the bracket installed. Suggested I get a relocation bracket, which I did.

Found it strange since it’s a requirement for a front plate. Thought maybe because of our weak dollar they send the trades south to make money on the strong U.S. dollar. Anyone else hear this?
I think your dealer is blowing smoke. I was upset because I bought my car in Quebec where they dont have a front plate, when I brought it to ON I had to buy the plate mount which was an additional cost. $2000 less, LOL a brand new painted front bumper can be installed in 20 mins and cost less than $600 total.