View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 06:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
robertkroll
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
robertkroll is on a distinguished road
Default 370z Ignition cut at Full Throttle

I need some help here folks. I have a tuner working on the car, but for whatever reason, we cannot get it sorted. Everything works fine, except when you plant your foot after 2-3 laps (once everything is warm), the ignition completely cuts out. If you leave your foot planted, the engine pops and doesn't regain ignition until you ease off the throttle slightly. If you don't plant your foot and let the car rev, it WILL hit redline on its own, but for obvious reasons, while racing, we kinda need max throttle.

Here is the lineage of the vehicle:
-Full race trim, not street legal
-Stock VQ37VHR motor
-Stillen cold air intakes w/air sensors
-UpRev software
-Stock fuel tank removed (Custom Fuel Cell)
-Return line fuel system set at 70psi
-High pressure fuel pump in surge box
-Fuel temp sensor delete (switched off in UpRev)
-Flat foot shifting switched off in UpRev
-All unused wiring harnesses removed, cut back and made safe (Capped)
-Completely rewired signal lighting and headlights (not part of factory bus)
-A/C Delete
-TCS Delete
-ABS Delete
-Dyno tuned to 354RWHP stock

I think that's the most pertinent information. We noticed on the Dyno there were some unusual oscillations in the horsepower curve, not sure if that is pertinent to the situation at hand or not. The VVEL was damaged in a racing incident, but was replaced (not sure if this is pertinent either).

We have one of the best tuners around (Vinny Ten Racing), and we have been working with UpRev on zeroing in on the problem, but as yet, we have not nailed it down. I figured I would throw it out in the open forum to see if anybody else has seen any issues similar to this.

I have a video of the cutout happening, but it is particularly large, not sure how I can cut it up and upload it. Maybe I can put it on youtube and link it to here?
robertkroll is offline   Reply With Quote