View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 04:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
cadoo
Base Member

Drives: 2018 370z NISMO Tech
cadoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
Definitely be weary of the Stillen kit and their can tune. Topgunz A2A seems to be doing people right. One item you mentioned was adding a boost gauge to the dash trip pod. All three pods are a single unit. You cannot just change one. You are better of getting a pillar pod. Jason (GaleForce) makes some pretty sweet ones which several of us boosted guys are running.
Wow good info guys. Thanks for the heads up on the pod not being a single unit but there are plenty of videos on YouTube showing them replaced. Here is a link on some Defi CR gauges https://youtu.be/_onoxX7-KmU.

Also some Prosport JDMs here. https://youtu.be/q9wSIGJcmv0
The guy that installed his 60mm Prosports used needle nose pliers to take out the gauges from the top but said it was a tight fit but 52mm is a lot less pain to do.
There are plenty of posts on this forum that shows how to take the pods out without removing the dash and installing new gauges. Here is the link. DIY: Triple Gauge Cluster

The gauge bracket is one piece but the gauges themselves can be taken out. I will attach a pic of the gauges out of the dash still attached to the bracket. Talked to the shop today and everything is done but there waiting on Stillen to send back the tune file. The shop said Friday by the latest. I know there are better setups and you could run more boost but this will be my daily and I’m just sticking to the stillen tune and warranty guidelines. I Thought it Just needed a little more kick. If my 370z Nismo was my only car I just would of went with a TT setup.
I got my 2018 Z06 when I want more HP
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 25B5157F-376E-44C6-90D4-C824934EF42F.jpeg (243.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpeg 51C4B7C9-25D5-461A-9B19-E46B822236DD.jpeg (250.9 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by cadoo; 05-17-2018 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Update
cadoo is offline   Reply With Quote