View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HNNYUS View Post
Hello,

So I know for sure that I’m going to buy a used 370z but the thing I’m worried about is the years because I don’t know any difference between each 370, throughout the years. If anyone can let me know the difference or stuff I should know when buying a used 370 I would really appreciate it a lot.
Most differences are cosmetic, however a couple items of note:
-2012+ did get an OEM oil cooler, as rumblefish mentioned above. This isn't the same design as an aftermarket cooler, but it does help keep temperatures a little more under control.
-2012+ also fixed an issue where the anti theft device could actually prevent the car from starting and required a fuse be pulled.
-Later models have better more adaptable ECUs that respond better to mods.
-A much bigger deal is the trim level of the Z you choose. Base model is very stripped down. Sport package gets a VLSD, better brakes, better wheels, and SynchroRev Matching. Touring trim gets heated leather(ish) seats and better sound. Nismo gets a different suspension and exhaust.

Personally, I wanted synchro rev matching and heated seats. That meant I was getting a Touring trim with the Sport package. 2014 was my year of choice.